1. Is my practice data secure?
2. To whom does Vestrum intend to sell the data?
3. How are physicians de-identified?
4. How are patients de-identified?
6. Must all physicians in the practice participate?
7. Can our practice participate in other data initiatives if we participate in Vestrum?
8. Can I terminate participation?
9. Does it cost anything to participate?
10. What agreements do I need to sign?
- A purchased agreement that governs the exchange of your practice’s data in exchange for reports.
- A business associate agreement (BAA) that ensures Vestrum will ensure that the release of its data is secure.
- A consent agreement for cloud-based EHRs that provides consent for the EHR supplier to release its data to Vestrum.
11. Why do I need to sign a BAA for the data provided to Vestrum, if the data is de-identified?
12. Which EHRS do you interface with?
13. Do I need to involve my technology people in developing the interface?
If data is received directly from the EHR (authorized by the practice) this requires no involvement of the practice at all. If a direct feed is required from the practice and not through an EHR provider, a limited one time set up, with occasional interactions, may be required.