Data Analyst – New Graduate, Client Services & Analytics
This position is with Vestrum Health’s Client Services & Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada and reports to the Senior Director, Client Services & Analytics.
Location: Ottawa, ON – Remote
Our Client Services & Analytics team is growing! We’re hiring a Data Analyst to support an expanding line of business. The Client Services & Analytics team is a centre of excellence made up of multi-disciplinary IT & analytics professionals responsible for delivering services to both our Healthcare Professional and Pharma / Medical Devices clients. The main purpose of this position is to provide a range of custom and standard analytical services, transforming clinical data into real-world insights. This role works within an agile and highly collaborative environment in order to provide fast, flexible and highly responsive service to meet the dynamic needs of our clients. This position will be the face of Vestrum Health in various capacities, and as such will promote Vestrum Health’s culture of high quality and timely execution.
We are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and fun team working to develop new services and enhance our existing ones. To achieve this goal, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to solve challenging problems through data and be able to communicate a large amount of complex information in an easy to understand, yet simple to comprehend manner.
You will be working with various stakeholders to understand their data and analytical requirements. You will also rely on a creative mind and be able to think outside of the box. The ability to communicate and present to various levels within the business and to external partners is of utmost importance.
Successful candidates will be comfortable working in a driven, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative work environment.
We hope you are passionate about…
- Technology – strong knowledge of databases and intermediate to advanced SQL expertise
- Problem solving – loves data, data analysis, testing & learning and has a high degree of analytical curiosity
- Having fun while being the best – we work hard but play harder
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explore data and develop SQL queries to efficiently retrieve information from data sources to support various reporting needs;
- Conduct code and data design reviews within the team;
- Design, develop, support and generate BI dashboards, visualizations, and/or advanced analytics reports, as well as improve the delivery of existing reports using SQL queries and database tools such as Excel;
- Deliver monthly/quarterly internal data reports, as required;
- Take responsibility and ownership with minimal supervision of assigned projects, and ensure timely completion of all stages within the project lifecycle which ranges from proposal creation to final QA;
- Engage with key stakeholders via client meetings to ensure that client reporting needs are fulfilled;
- Co-ordinate with team members ranging from high-level management to technical staff to ensure a seamless experience for our clients;
- Respond to team member and client requests in a timely and professional manner;
- Perform data exploration and data mining;
- Develop and update user requirements for existing and new reports;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
Education and Technical Skills
- Graduate degree / diploma program (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Accounting, Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.) or relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of MS SQL, query optimization and syntax knowledge;
- Experience developing reports using Excel;
- Exceptional analytical skills and proven capability to drive insights and interpret trends or patterns from complex data sets and analytics;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and BI Tools: Excel mastery, including VBA, PivotTables, and array functions – or other similar tools used for discovering data patterns and correlations;
Candidates will be asked to complete a compulsory Excel test
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of ever-changing deadlines, priorities and requirements;
- Ability to act independently and with initiative required to resolve problems and deliver results;
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated, organized and customer focused team player;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Flexible and capable of working in a dynamic and fast paced environment;
- Ability to influence without authority;
Bonus Points for…
- Knowledge or experience of Reporting, Integration or Analysis services (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R language), internet-based technologies, reporting tools or SharePoint;
- Any testing or QA experience of SQL code;
- Other analytical programing language (R, MDX, DAX, etc.);
- Experience with database or data management;
- Knowledge or experience in Healthcare analytics or statistics;
- Experience in the clinical trial, medical device, pharma or healthcare industry, specifically in ophthalmology or retina;
- Ability to “think outside the box”.
At Vestrum, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced environment, apply today.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH US.
Vestrum Health extracts EHR data from practices retina specialists across the country transforming clinical data into real-world insights—serving as a vital link between physicians and pharmaceutical companies and providing physicians with both business and clinical information relevant to their practice.
Vestrum Health has been operating since 2013 and has a range of clients across the U.S. and is expanding its market to include physicians as clients and expanding its coverage to include ophthalmology practices and develop other sources of data. As a result, Vestrum Health requires experienced professionals to help grow its business.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be notified. Vestrum Health is compliant with AODA legislation and committed to providing accommodations for people with a disability in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation or special assistance, please email us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org